One of the hardest parts about visiting New York is deciding what to do. There are so many incredible attractions in this world-famous city that narrowing it down to just a few can be challenging. If you are planning an upcoming vacation, here are some of the most popular places to see in New York that you may want to consider adding to your list:
1. Times Square – When it comes to famous intersections, Times Square pretty much takes the cake. Located in Manhattan at the intersection of Seventh and Broadway, this area is well-known for its street performers and theaters. It can also be fun to visit and watch people as they go by. Visitors to Times Square are so diverse and varied that people-watching provides a unique glimpse of humanity that is hard to find in any other location on Earth.
2. The Statue of Liberty – Perhaps the most iconic statue in the world, the Statue of Liberty is a must-see attraction when you visit New York. The national monument is free to visit. However, you will need to bring along money to pay for a ferry out to the island. It is well worth the cost of a ferry ride to take in this beautiful statue in person.
3. The Empire State Building – Towering more than 100 stories above New York, this well-known skyscraper provides an unparalleled view of the surrounding area from its observation decks. Be sure to bring your camera with you so that you can capture all of the amazing views.
4. Broadway – Do you love musicals or theater? If so, a trip to Broadway is essential. Find out what shows are playing during your visit and consider buying tickets in advance so that you don’t miss out on your favorites.
5. National September 11 Memorial and Museum – Taking time to remember all of the lives that were lost on September 11th can be a sobering experience. The memorial and museum are both moving and educational.
These are some of the most popular places to see in New York. A visit to any of these iconic landmarks can make your New York vacation as memorable and meaningful as possible. The time you spend in this magical city will stick with you long after you get home. Just be sure to plan your trip carefully so that you have time to see all of the things that you want to see while you are in the city.